It's a pretty exciting week. I was in Cambodia from monday to thursday. It was a recee trip between Chapel of Christ the King (CCK) and my church. We have been going on Takeo missions trip together for a few years and hope to work closer together. CCK received her new acting Vicar this year and he would like to see the Takeo Church.
Day 1: Visited RDI. Very informatibve trip. We had tour on the different projects RDI was doing. We were particularly interested in their water filtration system and odorless farming.

Just pour water into this 10USD pot and let the water filters through. In about an hour or two, TADA! You get clean drinking water!

Odorless farming! By laying the pan with a "special mix" that comprises of mostly rice husks and some other material that are readily available in Cambodia. Not only will the animal pan be odorless, at the end of about 3 months the "special mix" can be used as fertilizer! Woohoo! I am so impressed!
Visited Takeo Church
It's rainy season now and the road toward the village church is really muddy. The truck couldnt pass through certain part of the village with all of us in it. So! We had to walk! Hahaha...i was trying to avoid the cow dung initially but gave up half way as the mud and cow dung got more blended along the way.

Heh, out village church started to rear chickens! I saw the chicks hatching! Cute!

We also spent some time visiting the villagers and playing with the children

The next morning, we return to Phnom Penh. William and I stayed behind for another day while CCK returned to Singapore. We checked into a new hotel, Feeling Home. It's a really nice place. I like. It's pretty ideal for holiday but not so for mission trip as there are cheaper hotels around and there's only 9 rooms in this small hotel. Haha..we paid 40USD/room.



Quite nice right? heh..