A church member was hospitalized recently.
On tues evening, when to visit him with cell group. Before we left, we prayed for him. As I was asking God, what do You want to say to him, I sense God saying " Be still and know that I am God". In obedience, I said that to him.
On thurs, went to visit him again with church staff. William prepared 2 songs to sing to him. I saw the songs and one of it was " Still". I asked William why did he choose this song and he said he just felt led to choose this song. Then i shared with him what happened on tues.
Pastor Joe read a short passage from the bible to him, it was where they had left off from the prevous reading. Guess what? It was about about Jesus calming ths storm and asking His disciple to be still before Him bcoz He will calm the storm.
3 different persons, totally unplanned. If it is not God, who could have orchestrated it?
I believe this is what God wants to say to him in this trying time.
STILL - Hillsong United
Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
Find rest my soulIn Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God