Defination of Desert:
1. a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all:
The Sahara is a vast sandy desert.
2. any place lacking in something:
The town was a cultural desertLike what is defined, My heart was like a desert for the past few months. Lacking and dry. I cant seem to feel God, i cant to hear Him. I feel so distant.
I only came to realisation of my horrible state when i discovered that I've no more reserve fuel to run on. I'm totally dry and empty. Not empty of my self, but empty of HIm. Hence i was full of self. Bad isnt it?
Things took a turn recently and the breakthrough happened during the Leader's retreat. I finally "woke up" and understand that i need to deliberately spend more time with God and draw closer to Him. My confusion of my bitterness against my dad kinda helped me see things differently now. So Lord, continue to be my helper as i learn to love and respect my parents.
I decided to switch devotion material from Daily Bread to Inspiring Women Every Day for the remaining months this year. Guess what? The theme for Nov is journeying through the Desert. I can't find anything more appropriate. 5th day into the devotional guided and i'm throughly blessed by the material. Set my thinking and reflecting about the events that has took place.
In day 3, Desert - a place of testing. The verse that spoke to me was
"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands" Deut 8:2
In day 4, Desert - a place of escape
In olden days, when people did something wrong and wants to hid from their enermy, They will hid in the desert and this is exactly what Moses did when he was found of murdering. His shame and guilt drove him to deserting himself from people and to live in isolation.
Probably due to my bitterness against my dad and some other issues drove me to the desert.
In day 5, Desert - Blessing in the desert
God promised that He will never forsake us. Never, and that's even when we are in the desert place. God's blessing and love on us never ceases. When Moses was hiding, God sent Reuel who offers hospitality to him. And in the most unlikely of place, God blesses Moses with love and he married Zipporah, Reuel's daughter in the desert.
Truely, in my desolation times, God continues to pour out His love through the people around. Rem? I got confirmed and beautiful friends around me.
Father..my desire is to walk out of this desert stronger. Be my helper.
Heard this song during FOP this year, like this song coz i think the singer had great vocal and the music arrangement is very unique too. Didnt reflect much about the lyric. But now, this song speaks.
......All of my live, in every season, You are still God, I've a reason to sing, I've a reason to worship....God is my victory and He is here....