Reading a book now. If I didnt remember wrongly, Zhiwei bought me the book. I think he is trying to tell me that I'm beautiful. Hahahaha..
Title: Uncommon Beauty - 7 qualities of a beautiful woman
Auhor: Cynthia Heald
This book, as discribed in the title, talks about the 7 qualities that this author thinks make a woman beautiful rather than just focusing on the world's defination of physical beauty. I wont say that it's a christian book coz there isnt many biblical principals involved. It's more motivational than spiritual.
Anyhow, the first chapter talks about Passion and i like one of the quote used
" Passion is doing ordinary well and unfailingly "
The author went on to give example of women who are passionate about their lives, beliefs and people. She relates having a passion in life is knowing the purpose of our existance and to live life not to merely exist on earth. She also prompted a few questions like:
1. What are you excited about?
2. Why do you wake up every morning?
3. What have you always wanted to do?
Facing these questions, I dunnoe what to say. There are a few things that i'm excited about.
1. God
2. Friends
3. Food
4. Travelling
5. Mission
But then, looking at this list. tho these things excite me, it doesnt seem that i'm passionate about it. Like...i dun really know each of these that well.
I can see in some people that they are really passionate about things. Like william, his eyes brightens up when he sees the guitar. Mel enjoys every moment of her singing and dancing. Shirley is good in her photography and desigin. Junhao enjoys meeting up with his friends.
Does not having a passion equate to not living life to the fullest? Will it lead to not achiving anything at the end of the day? How then can I be more passionate about life?
I like the question asking what I always wanted to do. I want to travel around the world and then as the Lord leads, open a backpacker's inn to serve the community by providing training and job oppty to the local. It should also serve very yummy food and be a place where people can hang out with their friends. I also have the desire to work among the less fortunate girls.
Hey! This plan kinda involved all the things that excite me! Hmmmmmm.......interesting....God may these desires bless Your name.
Cannot just stop here, i think...i need to work out a plan that will make sure things happen!