Graduation is also known as commencement in NUS. Well...the presiding officer says it's bcoz our life journey will commence from here on. I buy that.
We had to be sitted by 2:40pm and there were some videos playing to entertain all of us. Looking at these video drew some memories about my journey in NUS. I think...i could have done more.
Being in NUS has gotta be the toughest times in my life thus far. Yet, it's also one of the proudest moment. I mean...not that easy for poly grad to get in you see...and it wont be possible without God's intervention. Seriously, it has gotta be His favour. I remember walking tru the park before i reach my faculty every morning, praising God for His wonderful creation and that I'm standing in NUS ground all bcoz He has made it possible. There were also moments where I asked God why did He place me in NUS for the journey is tough and unenjoyable. I socred the worst ever. I experienced a life that is not a bed of roses. To be honest, my life has been beautiful. I did well in sec sch and poly. I had lots of good friends and been loved by my family. It was in NUS that i encountered failure. I shrunk in NUS.
Looking back, I felt bad. I felt i could make a difference instead of allowing time to pass. I felt i had not work hard enough. I felt i could do more.
We cant turn back time, can we? Going forward, I learnt the lesson and wanna embrace the present as a present, full of joy, full of surprises.
Quite emo lahz...when watching the various video shown.
Anyhows...Guess who is the presiding officer for biz commencement? It's Elim Chew! The founder for 77th street. Didnt know she is in the board of trustee in NUS. kinda cool. I kinda like her speech. She shared about the 10 most important values in her life and asked us to embrace them as well. Quite christiany.Haha...loyalty, commitment, love...... and i forgot...hahahaa...
The last part was kinda nice too...the ballons dropped from the ceiling and fall on over our heads. Its a nice feeling.
The fun began at photo taking!! woohooo....the graduates streamed out from the auditorium to look for our family and friends. Oh did i mention? Pa, Ma, Sis and bro-in-law came. I was kinda surprise that sis wanna come. She was quite excited when i managed to get the extra tickets! Hahaha...thanks sis! thanks for sharing the joy. Meet up with lots of friends to take photo...but no time to chit chat..coz everyone was like too excited! ahahahaa...
ooohh...kwang soon came! hahaha..and he brough boon hoe along. I mean i'm surprise lahz...but welll.....the power of love...it's yiling's graduation! hahaha..thanks to yiling..i have 2 photographer for the day =) Boon hoe was really nice! he brought his big black camera ( SLR) and even uploaded the pic. thanks boon hoe! for being such a nice fren..even tho..we only met once? Hahaha...
Overall, the graduation marks the closing of a cpt and the commencement of another one. I feel sad that i didnt cherish the days as best i should. At the same time, i'm excited the new journey ahead. Lord, let thy light shine unto my path and thy will be my will.